Photo: Anna Carol
A lot, is the answer! So much that it no longer really makes any sense to distinguish between their online and offline lives.
- 23% of UK children begin their online lives in utero, with parents uploading their scans online.
- 73% have been online by the age of two.
- One in 10 have their first mobile device before the age of five.
- 74% of 8-11 year-olds have access to a tablet at home.
- 63% have their own smartphone before starting secondary school.
- 12-15 year-olds each send an average of 289 texts a week (41 a day).